Sunday, March 8, 2009

Goodbye Luang Prabang

I'm feeling much better today. Nathan, Kim and the school kids left at 5am and I didn't set an alarm for myself. I woke feeling pretty well rested at 7:30am.

It feels strange knowing I have the entire day to myself.

The temperature in the mornings is quite bearable. Nice even. But by midday the sweat starts beading on my chest and back which is quite... Gross.

I spend the day roaming the streets.

I stop at JoMa, a delicious bakery, for lunch. Afterwards, I check out Ock Pop Tok, a sustainable community development project that also aims to advance the cultural, social and artistic development of Lao artisans and their traditions. It was started by an English photographer named Jo. I want to speak with her, but she is busy with someone else for the whole (very long) time that I wait around.

In the evening I meet with Graham and Bua for a beer on the river and then delicious pizza for dinner at the Scandanavian Bakery.

I'm leaving in the morning. I can't help emphasising how impressed I've been with Luang Prabang, the Seuang River Project, Graham and Bua and everything in general. It's been so incredible, I'm even a bit nervous for the next part of my trip as the standards have been set pretty high...

No comments: