Sunday, March 1, 2009

Utopia in a transit lounge


I'm in Singapore. More precisely... I'm in Singapore airport. It's been 48 hours since I arrived at Melbourne airport and I've still got another 4 hours til I finally arrive in Bangkok.

It was meant to be a 9 hour flight. Thanks JetStar... for nothing.

This place is like nothing I've ever seen before, except perhaps on television or in my vision of a utopia. It is eerily calm and pleasant. Everything works. It's really as though every action and movement I'm going to make has been pre-thought of and planned out.

The bathrooms are nice. I like clean bathrooms.

The staff in this place are robotically polite. The sky-bus between terminals is timed perfectly for my arrival to the platform.

The carpet is mesmerizing. The music is meditative.

The rooftop has a pool but it costs $13.91 so I don't swim. I am hesitant to spend money. Also there are free movies playing in the 3 (yes..three) cinemas - one in each terminal. But I do not like the look of any of the movies so I don't watch any.

Internet is everywhere and it's free.

In summary - this place likes me and so I like it in return.

No comments: